How To Stop Procrastination - Oscar

Procrastination is the aptitude to do things that are of low value instead of doing things that are highly valuable. For example a valid case of procrastination is when someone check emails and news readers multiple times instead of doing his actual work. The problem with procrastination is that it is almost always the key factor holding us back from achieving success, happiness and our goals.
Once we realize how much time we waste procrastinating, we start asking ourselves if it is possible to stop procrastinating and in this article I will try to share with you what is currently working for me. This method is a combination of motivation techniques and Getting Things Done methodologies.

MOTIVATION

Do you remember that time when someone called you when you were sleeping, asking for an immediate action and you suddenly woke up and act like if you were full of energy? Or probably you had a time when you were near to a truly wanted result and you kept working on that project for the entire night without being tired but instead full of determination? That emotion is called motivation and is determined by the burning desire of something, and it is one of the most important skill to learn in life because. Fortunately we are already very skilled when it comes to motivation so you probably don’t have to buy a book about that.

HOW TO BE MOTIVATED

Being motivated is very simple, you can achieve this emotion by properly using self-talk and simply by asking yourself this question: do I really want to do this? or is it better for me to act like a loser?. Now I can assure you that this will provide a load of motivation, however, the more anger you put in your words, the more motivation you’ll gain. I recommend you to start using this technique right now, and in the firsts days to use this technique as many times as possible, so that it will become an habit. You can change the phrase if you want to, just experiment and keep what’s working for you.

HOW TO ORGANIZE

Being able to be motivated is not enough unless you know what’s the most important thing to do right now. I’m a big fan of the Getting Things Done system, which I use to keep track of all my goals, tasks and projects. Every week, at the end of my weekly review, I then scroll down each element and ask myself: how badly do I want this?. This question helps me deciding what are the most important tasks to do. Note that this time the question is slightly different from the previous one, this time I use the word badly to emotionally consider what is truly important for me.

source: freestylemind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

R.A. 11202 - An Act Requiring Mobile Service Providers To Provide Nationwide Mobile Number Portability To Subscribers

The Senate approved this Act on the third reading on November 13, 2018 and was signed into law by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on February ...